What information is collected?
- Name, Company Name and Title.
- Demographic information including postal address including postcode.
- Preferences, interests and preferred motorcycle preference
When you provide MetalGear International Pty Ltd with your name and contact details, the information will be used as permitted by you and only for legitimate business reasons.
What we do with the information collected
The information collected is required to understand your needs/preferences as well as provide you with a higher level of customer service. We may use the information for the following:
- To improve our services and products.
- To periodically send promotional emails advertising new products produced or stocked, special offers and any other information which we think would be of interest to you. The email address you provided is where such promotional emails will be sent.
- For market research purposes, we may contact you via phone, email or mail to gather feedback on our products or services which we may then use to improve our website, products or services.
- Internal record keeping
Should you be contacted for marketing reasons you will have the option to opt in or out through our website on check out. if you do not wish to be added to the promotional emails please ensure this option is unticked at check out.
Should you receive a promotional email or any other marketing materials and you wish to unsubscribe you can do so via the promotional email or contacting the MetalGear team and request your details be removed.
In processing your personal data, we will observe those of your interests worthy of protection as required by law. We collect and process your personal data to process orders and maintain customer relationships. The Company places a great importance on the security of all information associated with its customers. Security measures are in place to protect personal information under the Company's control. Personal information is destroyed when no longer required by the Company. We will not sell or lease your personal information to third parties unless you have permitted us to do so or if we are required by law to do so.
The Company is permitted to use or disclose personal information:
- When required by Law
- Loss recovery resulting from a failed financial transaction e.g. collection agency
- Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious, immediate threat to someone's health or safety or the public's health or safety
Whenever our website is called up, log files information will be stored automatically on our server and which your computer will transmit to us. This will include but limited to:
- Browser type/version
- Operating system used
- Referrer URL [the previously visited site]
- Host name of the accessing computer [IP address]
- Time of the server enquiry
The data will not be used to personally identify the visitor to this website. The data will not be combined with other data-sources. You are entitled to find out free of charge what personal data we hold on you. If requested to do so we are also obliged to correct, block or delete the data stored about you. (National Privacy Principles (NPP).
Cookies are small data files that are stored on your computer. Cookies are used to make our website more user-friendly, effective and secure. To learn more about cookies visit www.aboutcookies.org.
- To improve your experience, for example:
- To analyse website and marketing communications
- To strengthen and enhace the security of the site. E.g., to identify and prevent fraud and spam.
- To provide content or services from other companies.
Overall, cookies help us in providing you with a better website as we can then tailor the site to your needs based off of the information you have clicked on and which pages you find useful or interest you. A cookie does not provide us access to your computer or any information about you. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Majority of web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. Please note: by declining cookies may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
The MetalGear website may contain links to other websites, please note that once you click on these links you are leaving the MetalGear website and MetalGear have no control over the other websites functions or policies. MetalGear take no responsibility for the protection and privacy of any information you may provide to these other sites and they are not governed by this privacy statement.
For more information on privacy legislation or the National Privacy Principles visit the The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) website at https://www.oaic.gov.au/.