MetalGear Brake Disc Refurbishment
Whether you are restoring a classic or retaining the original look of your motorcycle, MetalGear can help. MetalGear part numbers stating ‘-K’ are outer Brake Disc Rotors including nuts and bolts. These are what we call a ‘Refurbished Disc’. Our technicians will apply a new MetalGear Brake Disc Rotor to your original carrier. Process of the refurbishment:
- You will need to send your brake disc including the centre and ABS ring [if applicable] all attached. Please do not remove brake disc from carrier.
- The technician will carefully take your brake disc and carrier apart.
- If the centre was originally silver/alloy, it will be bead blasted to return it to the original, new look. If your original centre was painted black we will only provide a general clean. If you would like the centre re-painted this will be an additional $40.00 per carrier.
- The centre will be machined on the lip where the new disc is applied as well as the back of the carrier to remove any paint if necessary.
- The new outer disc rotor is fitted with nuts and bolts.
- The complete disc will go through strict quality control to ensure perfect braking performance.
Refurbished discs are designed to be used in conjunction with MetalGear high quality brake pads. Important! You require new brake pads when you fit your refurbished disc to your bike.
An estimated turnaround time will be given when booking your disc for refurbishment. Please contact our Sales Team on 07 3881 0809.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other MetalGear International Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.